Roger Dicken is a British special effects artist and model builder known for his work on Alien (1979), The Hunger (1983) and The Conqueror Worm (1968). He also provided the vocal effects for the Alien in the Alien film, although he was not credited for the role. He also designed the Facehugger and Chestburster, after the original design by H. R. Giger proved unsatisfactory.
Alien franchise creditsEdit
Chestburster and Facehugger designerEdit
- Alien (1979)
- The Blood Beast Terror (1968)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- The Conqueror Worm (1968)
- When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970)
- Scars of Dracula (1970)
- The Land That Time Forgot (1975)
- Warlords of the Deep (1978)
- White Dog (1982)
- Q: The Winged Serpent (1982)
- The Hunger (1983)
During the production of Alien, Dicken was approached by Ridley Scott and his production team to work in the film after being recommended by producer Ivor Powell whom he had worked with on Standley Kurick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. Dicken was hesitant because he liked to work from his own design concepts, but he eventually agreed.