This article is about the Xenomorph. For the 1979 film, see Alien
The Alien was a lone Xenomorph Lurker that was born from Kane when the latter was infected by a facehugger during the Nostromo crew's investigation on LV-426. It was responsible for wiping out nearly the entire Nostromo crew.
In the year 2122, while returning from a job in the Solomons, the Nostromo passed through the Zeta II Reticuli system when the Nostromo's onboard computer, MU-TH-UR, awakened them from hypersleep prematurely (Kane was the first one to awaken). The computer had intercepted a distress beacon originating from a planetoid within close proximity to their ship.
The Nostromo crew responded to the beacon and took a drop ship to a planetoid (which later came to be known as Acheron). The weather conditions on the planetoid's surface were extremely violent and the ship suffered extensive damage while trying to land. Kane was part of a three-person survey crew that explored the planetoid's surface. Along with Captain Dallas and navigator J.M. Lambert, they discovered the ruins of a derelict space craft, which had apparently crash landed here many years ago. They determined that it was the ancient S.O.S. beacon from this vessel that their ship had intercepted.
Kane explored the cargo bay of this carrier ship and found a giant nursery filled with thousands of large, bio-organic pods. Drawing his weapon, he examined one of the pods at close range and found that it was actually an egg. His proximity to the egg prompted it to hatch, eschewing forth a facehugger which attached itself to Kane's helmet. The facehugger secreted an acid that bled through the helmet, allowing the organism to attach itself directly to Kane's face and impregnate him with the Alien's embryo.
Kane was brought back to the Nostromo for treatment, but soon recovered and had almost no memory of his experiences on the planetoid. During the crew's dinner, the Alien embryo eventually matured into a chestburster and burst from Kane, killing him. Due to Ash's intervention, it manage to flee further into the Nostromo. When it matured into a drone, it began to kill the ship's crew starting with Brett. It then captured Dallas in the Nostromo's air shafts and cocooned him along with Brett's body in order to produce more Xenomorphs, though the cocoons were later destroyed by Ripley.
By the time Ripley, Parker and Lambert were the only surviving crew members left, they decided to use the shuttle. While preparing, the Alien snuck up on Lambert and was about to kill her, but was ambushed from behind by Parker. Despite being in excellent condition, Parker was over-powered by the Alien almost instantly. After finishing Parker off, the Alien returned its attention to Lambert and killed her by mutilating her.
It was nearly killed when Ripley set the ship to self-destruct. However, it hid in the escape ship, thinking quickly, Ripley opened the air lock and the alien was blasted out the door by a grappling gun. The Alien nearly crawled up the ship's engines, only to be blasted into space by the engine's exhaust, killing it.
- Many fans have given the Alien several nicknames, such as "Kane's son" or "Giger's Alien."
- The Alien seems to show some sadistic tendencies (time willing), an example is when the Alien cornered Lambert it seemed to enjoy every moment of her fear (It is implied that the Alien sodomized Lambert with its tail, though it is questionable). This is also seen when right before it head bites Parker, taking its time and possibly enjoying every moment of his fear.
- According to the book Alien Vault, the Alien originally had a 4 day lifespan and the reason it hid within the Narcissus was because it was looking for a perfect place to die alone.
- The American Film Institute ranked the Alien as the fourteenth best villain in American film history in their list of the 100 greatest heroes and villains.
- The Alien likely didn't kill Jonesy was because he was too small to sustain a host.
- The Alien has human eyesockets within it's skull under the dome. They can't be seen in the movie well, but are quite visible in the suit and production stills.